Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Amna Ahmed, Memoir 2 Revised

I first got my AirPods in December of 2019. My mom offered to buy them for me since there was a sale after I told her how much I did not like my wired earphones. I never really wanted AirPods because I did not need them. I had regular earphones. They worked just fine. I initially had some doubts about getting the AirPods. Since they were so small and nothing connected the AirPods together, I thought I would lose them. Or break them since they could fall anytime. I also did not like the idea of having to carry around a big boxy case with me everywhere. The case felt very inconvenient.

However, my doubts about the AirPods changed once I got them. I absolutely love them now. They are the only earphones that I wear now. Not only are they wireless, but they also come in their own case. My favorite feature about the AirPods is that whenever they are in the case, they are charging. In other words, the AirPods are always fully charged and never not charged. This is such a convenient feature for earphones to have. I also really love that the
earphones are wireless. I never really noticed how annoying the long wire can be, especially in bed. The wire would get all twisted or in places I do not want it to be in. With the AirPods, there is no wire. Therefore, I can genuinely enjoy what I am listening to.

After having the AirPods for more than a year, I can truly say that I do not ever see myself going back to regular earphones. Although, I have encountered one problem after a year of continue use. My AirPods battery life has decreased somewhat. I find myself charging my AirPods more often than I used to. Nor do I see myself upgrading to the AirPods Pro. I do not how the AirPods Pro earphones are so small. It makes them look so ugly. It looks weird having such a small earbud in your ear. My current AirPods are perfect. I even got my AirPods a case. The case is really nice to have since the original case for the AirPods would get quite slippery at times. Using a case prevents them from falling as they have in the past.

1. Angelica Hernandez

Hi Amna, nice work! I like how descripetive you are about your airpods!