Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Sarvinoz Erkinova, Journal 1.

Friendship is something different for me. Since I was a child, all the friends I’ve met were just temporary. Some I got to know in high school and some others even before. I guess it just happens to be that people get busy with their lives, make new friends, and just don’t appreciate their old friends. I also believe that social media platforms have changed how we view and appreciate friendship. People spend so much time on screen but not face to face without distraction from mobile devices. When I was taking the hardest classes for my nursing major my friends knew that I was struggling and did not have much time for social life. So basically friendship faded and I don’t want to approach them now because they were not supporting me in my hardest time and I do not value them much now. The only two people I would consider as my best friends are my mom and my fiance. My mom is my secret sharer, my biggest supporter and I enjoy just basically doing everything with her. I met my fiance in school when I was in a nursing program, he was my biggest support system and I appreciate him so much. He stood with me till late nights at the library studying knew that we can’t do much social life activities, and he used to tell me that staying with me while I studied was so much for him that he felt guilty if he was not by my side. Honestly, spending time with him at school even though we both were under pressure was so much fun. We are neighbors by the way. We used to take all the morning classes, wake up together, travel to school together, have breakfast, and just go to classes and when we’re done we would go to the library to study. My classes were much harder and intense but I still managed to dedicate time for us once a week without studying. Now I spend more time with him than I used to when I was taking these intensive nursing courses, and I’m so thankful to have a friend like him.

1. Adama Barro

Hello Sarvinoz, i am sorry for the late response , register late…
    Your story is so nice and inspiring, the friendship of a mother is priceless and also have a sole made who support you no matter what is a blessing.
    I also think that your old school friends may not be as bad as you taught, maybe life happen they where also busy just like you and if you meet one day, you will realize that the friendship never went away.
    Good luck with your fiance hopefully he will propose on graduation day . Lol