Prof. Jessica Penner | OL05 | Fall 2020

Luz Mery Felipe, meet my AirPods

I got these AirPods not too long ago, I have been wanting them for like six moths but I could not afford them until now. I cannot describe how happy i was when i checked my email and saw that they were delivered. With everything going on and bills piling up i hadn’t had the time to reward myself therefore a month and a half ago i set up a plan to save $ 35 dollars weekly until i got my $ 170. My brother wanted me to get the AirPods Pro but I told him that I was not going to pay $ 100 extra dollars for something that to me is almost the same. I want my air-pods so i can go for a run while listening to music comfortably or to listen to music while my phone is charging. I also bought a Smile Avocado case for it , which I’m getting this Monday its kind of silly but I couldn’t resist when i saw it. I feel so blessed that I’m able to buy something that I want, this pandemic has taught me to appreciate even the smallest thing because not all of us have the chance to get what we want.

1. maliklee

I like how appreciative and grateful you are ! I feel the harder you work the better the reward feels.Like you I own a pair for AirPods pros which I can agree is a little pricey compared to the other that have the same functions but I use them daily especially for running the noise cancellation is perfect for activities like that.Other than AirPods would there be another brand or type of headphones you’d consider buying like beats by Dre ?

2. Parikshit Thapa

Hi Luz,
    I really like how you expressed your feelings when you got your new AirPods. Even I owe a pair of AirPods but I got them as a birthday gift from my cousin. I feel like AirPods can be really useful for us since we can listen to music and work on our assignments. There’s no hassle of having those long wires around which I feel can be dangerous. AirPods are really helpful for our day to day activities and I feel like the price is okay since they are really helpful and useful. Have you tried other wireless headphones?

3. Mamadou

I like how your feelings towards your airpods, though I could never relate, are as genuine as it gets. A lot of people have a difficult time doing things a bit at a time but you were able to save a small amount every week until you had enough to buy your airpods. I really like the bit about the smiling avocado case. As someone who has impulse bought a floral shirt for the same reason, I respect it. Do you have anything else you plan on buying in the future?