This week is a week to think, revise, and think again. I want you to examine the evaluated Writing Assignments of Unit 1 and Unit 2 and look at Unit 3 and think of ways to improve that project. Then, I want you to decide which of the three assignments (you can only do one) you’re going to revise for a higher grade and write about it before you hunker down and actually do the revision.

If you don’t feel you have the time to do a deep revision (a deep revision means examining your project, noting my comments and/or rating on the rubric for the assignment, and then spending time making the changes throughout the assignment) or are happy with your present grades on all your major writing assignments, you can skip this part of the assignment.

Either way, your next writing assignment is your Final Reflection. This is where you write an essay about what you have learned this semester about writing and yourself. Go to the Final Reflection page under Major Assignments for details.

That’s it–your assignments in a nutshell. Go to the Agenda to see the details.

If you have questions, come to my office hours on Tuesday or Thursday.

Oh, and this is a Student Evaluations Reminder

Procedures for Student Evaluation of Teaching (SET)

1. This semester, every course-section will be evaluated.
  2. For courses that run through the end of the semester, the evaluation began on Monday, April 25 and end on Friday, May 13.
  3. Students will be sent links directly via their City Tech emails to complete the SETs.
  4. Students will receive a separate email and link for each of their enrolled courses.
  5. These evaluations are anonymous!

I’ll be ending class 10 minutes early on Thursday, May 5 to give you time to fill out the evaluation for this class.