One of my core values is family and spending time with them. Having family as a core value of mine says that I value the time that I am with them, helping around the house and running errands with them. I don’t mean to sound egotistical, but I think that in a way I am selfless. I try to relieve my parents of stress when I can, I buy groceries for them, do tasks that need to be done so they can relax for some time. I also think that this says that I value social interactions, not texts or phone calls but face to face interactions, especially with my family.

In the future, I hope to be working in the construction industry, whether that be as a worker, a manager, or an engineer. I think that having family as my core value relates to this goal of mine through motivation. At the end of the day, I am in college in order to get a job to survive but also help provide for my family as they get older, I use them as way to motivate me to succeed. My parents also have a work ethic that is very good, which I am still trying to learn since I will definitely need it.

I think that by improving my writing and communication skills, it will help me no matter what job I end up working. But in construction, you are usually communicating often, whether you are giving instruction to workers, giving a small presentation, having a small meeting, or even typing emails. Me personally, I would want to improve my writing and communication skills not only in English but also in Spanish. Many Latinos are in the construction industry, some not understanding English very well. I think that improving my Spanish communication skills would be a big plus to the team, I could translate instructions or just help out here and there if someone is confused.