Prof. Jessica Penner | OL70 | Fall 2020

Kevon Dawkins-Micro-Assignment #6

Kevon Dawkins

English 1121

9/16/20

Words Counted:671

Micro-Activity #6: Responding to Wollstonecraft

1.The writing prompt “Dedicatory letter to a Vindication of the Rights of the Women” by Mary Wollstonecraft states the author theme is “feminism” based on the context.In my opinion,her problem can be put out that women should be treat better/equal to men.Women who are treat equal will be beneficial to both sexes(gender) and there should be more female activities which can encourage girls to engaged more in recreational/club activities as men do.She  feels the pain not only herself but others that don’t stand up for themselves maybe because boys portray as kings and girls as servants (strong vs weak) based on my experience.

2.In Marry Wollencrafts excerpt,I believe that she belongs/ should create a group/community called “Women’s Movement Association” although this group existed 60 years ago.Theres room for improvement therefore she can challenge the masculine society that can bring about  a change in the world.She will be part of this discourse community in order to resolve the conflict that she can make plans to achieve whatever goals the author wants to achieve.

3. In Wollencraft’s prompt,there were two moments that caught my eye.There are:

Quote 1: “I shall first consider women as human creators who,in common with men,are placed on this earth to develop their abilities”.(pg 5)

Identify the writing strategy you see Wollstonecraft using: 

In this text/quote, Wollstonecraft uses a narrative writing style that engages the reader/audience to say “Hey,this is a major problem in our society so we can fixed this”.This is a fact than an opinion that states the crisis so history doesn’t repeats the crisis so history doesn’t repeats therefore the more experience the better for the female society.Along with the narrative,she uses symbolism that men vs women are in complicated relationship as a result both are indifferent from one another.

Explain why you find this useful, persuasive, or effective in some other way:

Well,to be honest I find this useful that I imagine myself in their position and think,what would I do as a leader,woman or a member of the organization.Another reason of why this is useful information is that you learn from people mistakes that can give you head start in that aspect as well as experience.I feel woman pain not because I’m not a female due to the fact that if the order were switched,us men would feel the same way and this disgust me that we are taking advantage of women as pebbles that are thrown in the ocean/sea.

Quote 2: “Do everything in an orderly manner is a most important precept,but women in general only a disorderly kind of education.”(pg 15)

The writing strategy in this selection of phrase is expository writing that quickly fascinates the style that keep my thoughts up and running throughout the passage.As an expository writer,I agree with most of the authors ideas that are supported by evidence as a woman.I believe that men are highly rewarded but if a woman do the same job with same results as for men,they are still mistreating as always that they are judging a book by its cover and underestimating females.

I feel this useful that this a lesson for men that just because girls are girls that doesn’t mean to disrespect them in  an odd way that like they are useless in all matters.Well,the quote from Albert Einstein will define this section of low chemistry between two genders:”Men marry women with the hope they will never change;women marry men with the hope they will change;invariably they are both disappointed”.I hope you get the circumstance/s that females face in their daily life.

1. Ziyam Malik

Hello Kevon,

I believe you chose a very interesting quote. Wollstonecraft targets a stigma of men being more competent than women. Wollstonecraft disagrees and states that they both have the same god given abilities. Although both genders differ, but both are competent in their abilities to do tasks.