In this class i have grown both as a writer and reader. We were shown different types of texts, from old to modern. I would advise any future student to be open-minded to things they are not familiar with. I learned that the only way to grow is to not only continuously working on something but also to try new things. One of the assignments that I found to be the most challenging was the research paper. However, after I had finished the paper I realized the importance of carefully picking out resources and being more aware of where my information comes from. Another thing I learned during this time was the importance of asking for help. If there is something that you do not understand make sure to voice your concerns. Professors are here to guide you and they will not leave you in the dark. Professor Penner is always open to helping students out both in class or during office hours. Take advantage of those resources. English class should be the time you overcome your fear of participation. This class requires a lot of attention so be present. If the class is in person then try your best to participate. All in all, if you do all the work and put in your complete effort this class should not be a problem. Just remember to have fun during the process.