Prof. Jessica Penner | OL33 | Fall 2021

adisa dumani, final reflection 1st draft

what i’ve learned about myself as a reader and a writer from the start of the semester compared to now, would be the fact that i could very easily be distracted about what i’m writing about and go off on different topics which results in me taking forever to finish an assignment, project, or research and it’s important for me to take it one step at a time when it comes to this so i can get everything in order. now during this point of the semester i feellike i’ve developed a lot more skill of getting and staying on task about whatever topic i’m researching or writing about. it feels to me that i have gotten better with getting my point across from my writing and day by day with the homework’s and research’s and the projects given it’s getting easier to do so. i’ve learned a lot about the topic of discourse in this class. even though this was a topic that would be talked about during last years english class i feel like now i have a better understanding of its meaning and i can apply it to real liek situations since everyone in some what or another is in some more of discourse community which can vary from topic and person. 

1. Lisa

After reading this reflection, the writer learned that she has a better and stronger skill at staying on topic when writing. I like how she can admit to something she knows she struggles with and notices what helps her improve on it. The discourse communities unit was one that helped her the most and although she learned about it before in prior classes, she had a better understanding on it now which is great. One suggestion I recommend is writing how she can apply those skills learned to other stuff.