Prof. Jessica Penner | OL33 | Fall 2021

Demetrius Brown-Williams, Social Justice Brainstorm

The social justice issue I chose to write about is Climate Change. I wholeheartedly believe that no matter where you are on this planet, you will be affected by climate change in one way or another. For one, climate change is a broad term describing the long term changes to the earth due to things like global warming. Global warming of the planet is caused by fossil fuels being dug up and burned, releasing toxins like carbon monoxide into the air and causing the ozone layer to deteriorate. Humans also have been proven time and time again to be the main source of these toxins being released into the ozone layer. Climate change, as we are seeing now, can result in rising sea levels, melting glaciers, loss of seasons and hotter temperatures year round.

Three Questions

What will the earth look like if climate change is not reversed by 2070?

What governments are blocking results in the fight to stop climate change and why?

At what point will climate change become irreversible?

1. Rabbi

Do you think we will see more effect of global warming in the near future?

2. Jacky Li

Hi Demetrius,
    This is a very interesting research topic because there has been more awareness about climate change in the recent years. You pointed out that global warming, as a result of fossil fuel, is one of the factors contributing to climate change and I’d like to know if that is the leading causes of climate change or if there are other ones too. I liked the questions you asked but I wasn’t sure what you meant for the second one. Overall, You made some good points. Good luck with your research.

3. Demetrius Brown-Williams

Revised Research Question: How has climate change affected our present environment?