The model I am choosing for this assignment is writing a speech. My speech model is going to inform our discourse community as being New Yorkers on how we are recovering from the pandemic, and how it has affected us negatively and some in positive ways. The pandemic affected everybody worldwide and we are now starting to feel a bit normal now in New York City. I believe writing a speech would help me make my arguments by being able to support my claim while communicating with my audience. The questions I would like to answer to inform my audience in my speech is What Makes New York a discourse community? How has it influenced us? The effects of the pandemic to us New Yorkers? The before and after pandemic? How is New York City rebounding from the pandemic? Who is helping New York City comeback? How is the mandated vaccine affecting us? How do those who are against getting the vaccine feel? Should it be my body, my choice? I would also speak on how New Yorkers as a discourse Community have been impacted and influenced by being a New Yorker. The pandemic affected the city that never sleeps in many different ways. I would like to mention in my speech how unemployment ending has helped New York rebound this September. My speech is going to be informative to New Yorkers and my audience to share my ideas and thoughts about New York City recovering. My thoughts and ideas are going to be heard by my audience. The difference between a letter and a speech is that a speech is more to a public audience unlike a letter which is usually a private communication. In my speech I can use different sources to state my quotations and resources. A Speech can be used to inspire, amuse, and entertain your audience.