Click on the link and answer the questions by 2/26: https://forms.gle/8xfea9BXQaVgvubG8
Click on the following link to review an example of writing at Vox, an online news source: Is it okay to sacrifice one person to save many? How you answer depends on where you’re from.
This journal has two parts. Go to the link to respond to them: https://forms.gle/U4zHcLNRQCMvv5MM9
1) Define at least two DCs in “The Things They Carried.” (Can’t remember the six characteristics of Discourse Communities? Look on OpenLab!)
2) Compare/contrast the genres of the two short stories we’ve read, and consider what audiences they might reach best.
- Reread “This Blessed House”
- Define at least two DCs in the story (see the link to do this below)
- Read “Navigating Genres,” by Kerry Dirk (on OpenLab under “files”) and answer the question: “How does this article relate to DCs?”
- Define DCs and answer the question on this link: https://forms.gle/jAdoJcuKKsYwJf189