We’re a group of educators who read one book each academic semester and hold discussions (on Zoom or via OpenLab discussion) about what we read. Book selections are made by the group during the last month of the previous semester (the first book has already been chosen, just to get the ball rolling).
This reading group is not affiliated with any official professional development program at City Tech. We’re just a group of folks who want to read pedagogical stuff and talk about it.
What’s Welcome Here:
- Educators from all disciplines and approaches
- Open minds
- New ideas
- Classic texts about pedagogy
- Recent texts about pedagogy
- Texts about teaching in various disciplines
- Collegial discussion
What’s Not Welcome Here:
- Rigid ideas about the way things “should be done”
- Any hateful or offensive language