The package from Adafruit containing almost all parts for our project has finally arrived.
The box is small and lightweight. Inside it I found four re-sealable plastic bags with components and a ‘thank you’ message from Adafruit with a very nice and inspiring R. Buckminster Fuller quote: “In order to change an existing paradigm you do not struggle to try and change the problematic model. You create a new model and make the old one obsolete.”
The largest plastic bag contained Adafruit Wave Shield Kit plus 1GB SD card, one 3″ speaker and a 10′ wire.
Inside the smaller bags I found Sharp GP2Y0A21YK0F IR sensor, TowerPro SG92R Micro Servo and a 9V battery pack with on/off switch.
Sadly, I realized too late that we’re going to need two micro servos (not one) in order to control each of the Rabbit’s ears independently, so I still have to order another micro servo. Frank already did a great research on controlling two servo motors simultaneously, so the only thing left is to wait for the second servo to arrive and then test both of them together.
Also, this week John has joined our group and proposed one modification for the project. Instead of using big and bulky 3″ speaker that comes with the Wave Shield Kit, John’s idea is to use a pair of tiny speakers together with the power amplifier that he had already made. I think it’s a great idea, because it’s always good to make scary things louder. We are planning to test John’s amplifier and speakers next week, but first I have to solder the Wave Shield.