Journal Entry week 1 – My tech background

I have taken the electronic welding lab, java, processing, and HTML with CSS.

I am taking C++ this semester.

I want to build something that cleans plastic from the ocean.  Ideally it would remove items as well as particulars on the molecular level.

garbage-patch1

4 Responses to Journal Entry week 1 – My tech background

1. TED talk on plastic eating bacteria;
    Also, if you google plastic cleaning machine etc… there are many interesting projects out there for inspiration.

2. stephanie s says:

Great TED Talk – thank you. (I’m not sure if I have ever seen one I don’t like!) There are quite a few ideas out there. I would be very happy if more people made a concerted effort not to use so much plastic. We are such a wasteful society.

3. Frank Mason says:

Hey Stephanie I really like your idea, the dark reality of this situation is that humans kill a lot of aquatic life for being so negligent about how we dispose our garbage. Many people today are really ignorant about their actions and how it could affect things on a larger scale. I found this webpage with an invention that could revolutionize the clean up process in our oceans. And to think, all we would need to do is have everyone stop using plastic for everything. Unfortunately, we do not live in that kind of world, yet.

19-Year-Old Develops Ocean Cleanup Array That Could Remove 7,250,000 Tons Of Plastic From the World’s Oceans