Blog Post 8 – Ahmad Woods

I wasn’t able to attend the christopher stapleton speech due to prior arrangements but I managed to find some really good articles and interviews of him. I also got a good idea of some of the things he was talking about during the presentation thanks too classmates who attended.

He describes himself as a “creative venture catalyst” a termed he clearly made up which sounds a lot like creative venture capitalist.   However there’s a huge difference between them. The latter is worried about growing high risk but high potential start up companies while the former is concerned with help shaping the next generation in experimental learning.

He’s working hard to transform education into entertainment by combining game theory and story structure with learning. He explains that education shouldn’t be boring since learning itself is so exhilarating. For a man who famous for Broadway sets and theme parks he’s really aiming to change the way we are learning.

3 Responses to Blog Post 8 – Ahmad Woods

1. ibn4course says:

I wish you had come to the presentation, and on my behalf I attended about an half hour into the discussion. I seemed very focused on learning. I seen a resemblance of the 3d games in his work too, and I was interested in his training simulation for war fighters.

2. Ahmad Woods says:

Is that so? Well it seems I really did miss out. What kind of “3D games” you’re talking about?

3. It was rather inspiring. He gave us tips on how to do awesome things (do something you’ve never done before that has nothing to do with your skill set) and gave us a few examples of cool AR stuff (a restaurant that projects what you ordered on the table while you wait, a museum computer with a camera hooked up to it that would impose graphics onto the image of the museum to teach stuff)