Journal Entry 2

I primarily work on Dunkin Donuts, SunnyD, and Juicy Juice. When there is a big workload, usually some projects from other clients, I get assigned them to do. The team is small therefor, me and other intern are assigned plenty of work. Leaving at five-oclock would be considered early. Project Managers like assigning me and the other intern Content Calendars for brands.

Content Calendars are posts that posted on the official Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook page of a brand. These posts are usually made a month before they are released. Before the posts are made, copywriters, graphic designers, project manager, and client’s account team, work together targeting key dates in the month. The client provides promotions that they want advertise to costumers. Once they tell us these specifics, we individually come up and present our ideas to each other in a meeting, giving each other feedback while developing and building our concepts as a team. A week later these ideas are created and submitted to the client. Then the next month posts go live!

I previously interned for this company in 2015. My dad was an accountant for them and at the time I wasn’t sure if design was the career I wanted to pursue. Around the summer of 2015, my dad was diagnosed with a rare form of Pancreatic cancer. The first time around, I was mainly there to make use of my free time in the summer and to bond with my father. Whether, that was sharing the same hour and half commute or grabbing lunch five-days a week.

Once my dad started chemotherapy later that summer, he was unable to work. This was around the same time the semester was starting. My class schedule allowed me to have three free days during the week and was offered to stay in my internship. They were in need of an extra hand, due to the maternity leave of the art director at the time. They extended me until after winter break.

Now In 2017, my father passed late spring. The Human Resource Manager and CEO attended my father’s wake asking me if I wanted to spend the summer with them again. I accepted the offer due to its numerous benefits. Coming back was interesting as the whole creative team had changed and gotten smaller except the former creative director was bumped up to the art director. The experience is definitely different since I am working with different people and given a bigger workload.