FoodVentures

Today has been all about food. It started off with a visit to a marchè near the hotel. A few of us went to take a look and see what there was to offer. I bought pieces of jewelry, and had raw oysters with great company.

Fresh Oysters before they were demolished.

Later on, my roommate and I went to restaurants for our restaurant review assignment. The first stop was an Indian Food Restaurant near Sacre-Coeur. It was very quiet, being that we were the only guests in the restaurant. This made it a peaceful experience, and the food was  really good. I had a Onion Bajia, which reminded me of onion rings in a unique batter. I also had Chicken Masala as my main course and a Mango Lassi as my drink of choice. I skipped a desert because I knew that we would be eating again. Overall, the food was really good and definitely someplace I would try again when there’s more people.

Mint sauce, Sweet Red sauce, and Spicy Sauce

Onion Bajia

Onion Bajia

We took a break from our FoodVenture day to stop by Les Halles Mall. I was told about this skin beauty place called Rituals. We found it fairly easy and went inside to check it out. A sales woman showed us a body scrubs and demonstrated it on our hands so we could feel the difference. My hands still feel smooth and soft, and this happened hours ago. We ended up buying a set and walked around the mall (mostly looking for a bathroom) to kill time.

Himalayan Scrub and Gel. so good!

Himalayan Scrub and Gel. so good!

To end off our FoodVenture, we went to a French Restaurant call Le Spicy Room. The atmosphere was very calm and rustic, and the wide flat screen tv showing the soccer game made me feel at home. since we weren’t completely hungry, we went straight to our main course. I had a chicken cooked in a lemongrass and ginger sauce with fries instead of rice. The sauce was so delicious, that I felt that the sauce alone with a piece of baguette would have sufficed. For desert, we shared a snickers ice cream sandwiched in a fritter and swimming in warm chocolate. It was topped off with whipped cream and mint as a garnish. Now, I am not the biggest fan of chocolate pools However, this desert made me slightly consider liking chocolate more. the whipped cream wasn’t too sweet, which helped me enjoy the snickers ice cream even more. I ended up finishing the desert because it was so good. To end our visit, we had a nice conversation with the waiters about the difference between Paris and New York. We left to head home and drift into a sweet food coma as a way to end our day of FoodVenture.

Chicken cooked in finer lemongrass sauce a.d finch fries

IMG_5206 2

Snickers Ice cream sandwich with whipped cream and chocolate