Today marks the end of our second week  journey in France. Having just a few more days in hand, we are trying to make the best of our time by creating new experiences and taking advantage of our location.

This weekend a few of us decided to take a four hour bus ride to Belgium. As many of you may know, Belgium is known for its famous waffles, chocolate and it’s beers. With that in mind, the girls and I were on a mission to see the best of Belgium in a matter of few hours.

The following are a few snapshots of our day in Brussels, Belgium.

The ladies waiting to get inside our apartment after the long journey

I fell in love with the entrance to our apartment

Beautiful architecture

Beautiful architecture

Participants of the music festival, Belgian style

Musical Instrument Museum

The Musical Instrument Museum displays several different instruments from traditional, nontraditional, to modern instruments. The oldest instruments displayed were from the 18nth century.

This is just a tease of what is displayed inside. The best part is that you can actually hear the instruments being played when at a close distant through headphones that are given upon entrance  .

This is just a tease of what is displayed inside. The best part is that you can actually hear the instruments being played when at a close distant through headphones that are given upon entrance .

Manneken Pis, also known as the little pee man is a popular attraction. There are several stories behind this peeing boy, however the most popular one is that, the boy  had neutralized a bomb that was placed to burn out the city. How was this achieved? By peeing to put it out and saving the city.

Manneken Pis, also known as the little pee man is a popular attraction. There are several stories behind this peeing boy, however the most popular one is that, the boy had neutralized a bomb that was placed to burn out the city. How was this achieved? By peeing to put it out and saving the city.

Chocolate Manneken Pis and WAFFLES :D

Chocolate Manneken Pis and WAFFLES (Which one to choose?!?) ‘:D

Traditional Belgian dish ( Ham Hock with baked potato and salad)

Traditional Belgian dish

Best Mussels I've had without a doubt

Best Mussels I’ve had without a doubt

How cool is this? Sorry I don't pictures of the chocolate shops because  I was too busy purchasing them :D

How cool is this? Sorry I don’t have pictures of the chocolate shops because I was too busy purchasing them 😛

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend  as much as I am

Sincerely,

Your correspondent,

Rehana Shati