A City Tech OpenLab Course Site

Source 2

ABC10. Do Pets Help Reduce Stress?, Youtube, 2018,www.youtube.com/watch?v=meABByFz2BE&t=178s. 

This is a video of a show that name is Do pets Help Reduce Stress? Produce by ABC10. The compere invited two guests Krystal and Amanda with their little friend, Writer. An Australian Shepherd, as know as Queensland Heeler. Then they talked about how pets help us stressless in many ways.  The first is they never judge you, like how you look, you are poor or rich or where you live. They don’t care about those. They will always be with you, a good company. Even you left them for 10 mins, they still come to around you and like asking “Hey where you been.” That makes people feel good and loved because you know that there is always a little guy waiting for you. Another one is that people don’t readily show their mood to others, but pets are different. The love shown by pets can spread to people, makes people feel better. There are hospitals that allow people to bring pets into the room to visit patients. They know how to get people out of anxiety and stress. Actually, when you are sad or upset, you will see that your pets can feel that too. And they know you are in a bad state. I have seen the word “Life is the process of getting out from lonely.” So the company is a really important thing in our life. When you don’t feel good, you may feel that you can contact with your pets by the soul. That is why pets so important to people.

This show was talking about pets are a good company for people to stressless. I totally agree because there was an example right there. That little friend, Writer. it really behaved, just lied in front of its’ “big friend”, and looking around. “Sometimes in the treatment center just bring around a pet really does bring out people’s spirits, and just also allows people to I think to stop for a moment and stop stressing stop thinking about the purplish things that really don’t matter. It just kind of brings you back into what’s important.” the compere said in the show. If you were anxious because something bothers you, it will just disappear when you looking at it. It’s cute and can make you forget your pain for a while. Pets have different ways to help people. When you sad you may not like to go out. So if you have a dog, you need to walk it every day, that increases your physical activities, and going out is helps people feel better. If you having a cat, it may come to you and curl in your arm. You can touch it, you can pour out to it and it will listen quietly. Those are how pets help people to stressless.

Quotables

“Sometimes in the treatment center just bring around a pet really does bring out people’s spirits, and just also allows people to I think to stop for a moment and stop stressing stop thinking about the purplish things that really don’t matter. It just kind of brings you back into what’s important.”

1. Frida Martinez

This is a very interesting topic! I personally agree with dogs helping with stress. I liked that you mentioned how walking your dog creates physical activity and helps individuals feel better. When you go for a walk you get fresh air and it helps with stress, even if a few minutes of walking. I go for walks with my dog all the time.