Rest Peacefully

On thanksgiving day a childhood friend was a passenger in a car crash in Long Island. State police charged Bilal Hissan with vehicular homicide and drunken driving. When the driver was attempting to exit the Meadowbrook State Parkway in Nassau County he lost control of his 2014 Infiniti and the vehicle hit a tree and burst into flames. The driver had serious injuries including two broken legs. Unfortunately my friend Malik did not make it. My heart goes out to both families who will be torn apart from this tradgedy. On saturday night everyone who knew Malik gathered in the parking lot at Caesars Bay in brooklyn and lit candles in respect for our friend. Although I haven’t seen Malik since high school he was a neighborhood friend who I shared memories with and I still cannot believe he is gone. It was amazing to see everyone come together and create a memorial for him. This was a tragedy but also a lesson, we hear about young drunk drivers getting into accidents on the news all the time but never think it can happen to us. Being under the influence driving a vehicle is just as dangerous as being a passenger. Rest in Peace Malik. photo

One thought on “Rest Peacefully