On February 18, we released version 1.7.40 of the OpenLab. It included one small interface change, a few plugin updates, and some bug fixes.
We removed the phone number field from student and alumni profiles. Since members didn’t always realize it was public information, we decided that it was best to just remove the option altogether.
There were a few plugin updates that won’t cause any noticeable differences for OpenLab members, but included either minor updates or security-related updates.
We also fixed a number of bugs in this release:
- After a change related to the January release, the toolbar at top of the block editor was no longer sticking to the top of the page while scrolling.
- When Group admins had email notifications set to ‘No Email’, admins (but not members) were still getting email notifications about file uploads.
- There was a bug affecting a small number of groups where group members were not able to change their email notification settings.
- Another bug affecting a small number of groups was preventing admins from choosing OpenLab members to invite to the group because when typing in a person’s name, the dropdown was failing to appear.
- When viewing another user’s profile, and then navigating to any group directory (My Courses, My Projects, My Clubs) on their profile, the group description excerpts were missing.
As always, please contact us with any questions!