Greetings from the OpenLab and congratulations to all on the closing of another successful academic year! And a most-important special shout-out to the graduating class of 2019!
While our weekly “Spotlight” blog series will go on hiatus for the season, we wanted to remind you of the sites we featured this past year and encourage you to check them out if you haven’t already done so.
Spring 2019 Spotlight Posts
- City Tech Library Copyright Module
- The Literary Arts Festival
- Writing in the Workplace (Eng 2570)
- Anthony Sewell’s ePortfolio
- City Tech Super HERO
- Kevelyn Vargas’s ePortfolio
- ENT’s Culmination Project
- Gothic Literature and Visual Culture (Eng 3407-D613)
We also launched a retrospective series, looking back at the OpenLab’s evolution over the past (quasi) decade…
- 25,000 Members on The OpenLab: A Retrospective
- 28,000 members and Counting: Looking Back
- A Commons for Open Learning: Voices from City Tech’s OpenLab
…and improved our practices and incorporated some new functionalities and features:
In addition to reviewing these posts from this past spring, you can find a full curated list of all sites that have been spotlighted in our Spotlight Archive. This archive offers visitors 3 curated lists to help them sort through the posts:
As always, we also encourage you to check out our in-house sites:
The OpenLab Community Team will continue to offer email support over the summer – please contact us with questions or concerns.
We will also soon announce our fall programming. August workshops for Faculty/Staff have been posted – RSVP & mark your calendars! We will be in touch as we get more events and workshops on our calendar.
Wishing you all a very happy summer!
The OpenLab Community Team