Happy New Year and welcome back! As you all are sinking back into your semesterly routines, we want to take a moment to highlight the different ways we’re here to support and engage you this semester.
Spring 2019 Office Hours
Meet with a member of the OpenLab Community Team for face-to- face support.
Mondays 2:00-4:00pm: 2/4, 3/4, 4/1, 5/6
Tuesdays 12:00-2:00pm: 2/19, 3/12, 4/16, 5/14
Fridays 1:00-3:00: 2/1, 3/22, 4/12, 5/3
Office hours are held in the conference room of the Faculty Commons, N227.
Spring 2019 Student Workshops
More information regarding our Spring 2019 programming is now posted on the Open Road- you can learn more about Spring events and view their full schedule on our calendar.
Below is a list of workshops we are offering this spring for students.Note that our first workshops begin this week! This semester, for the first time, we’ve created an option for students to RSVP to workshops. This can also be done by clicking the links below. Expect an email reminder from us a few days before the event.
- Thursday January 31, 2019, 1:00pm-2:00pm, L540
- Wednesday February 6, 2019, 3:30pm-4:30pm, G604
- Wednesday March 6, 2019, 1:30pm-2:30pm, G604
- Thursday April 11, 2019, 1:00pm-2:00pm, L441A
- Wednesday May 1, 2019, 1:30pm-2:30pm, G604
Spring 2019 Faculty Workshops
Below is a list of faculty workshops we are offering this spring. RSVP for any and all of these workshops here or by clicking the links below!
- Thursday January 31, 2019, 11:00am-12:30pm, L540
- Wednesday February 6, 2019, 1:30pm-3:00pm, G604
- Friday March 1, 2019, 12:00pm-1:30pm, G606
- Thursday April 11, 2019, 2:30pm-4:00pm, L441A
- Wednesday, May 8, 1:30pm -3:30pm , G604
We have help(ful) documentation on the OpenLab that offers step-by-step guides for everything from getting started, to thinking about specific plugins that build out the functionality of your sites and portfolios.
We are available to support you via email: email@example.com.
Join Our In-House Sites
We encourage you to become members of our in-house sites (you can do so by visiting the profiles of each site). These sites will keep you up-to-date with all things ‘OpenLab’ and offer opportunities for deeper investment with City Tech’s community.
- Learn more about the OpenLab, including workshops, events, community, and support opportunities on The Open Road. (Profile)
- Share and discuss resources about open digital pedagogy with other City Tech and CUNY-wide staff and faculty on Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab. (Profile)
Spring 2019 Open Pedagogy Events – Faculty and Staff
As in semesters past, we will have two Open Pedagogy events in Spring 2019. The dates are set for Thursday February 21 and Thursday April 4 – from 4:30pm to 6:00pm in the Faculty Commons (N227). Learn more here.
We hope to see you around soon! Wishing you all a happy semester!