Greetings from the OpenLab and congratulations to all on the closing of another successful academic year!
While our weekly “Spotlight” blog series will go on hiatus for the season, we wanted to remind you of the sites we featured this past year and encourage you to check them out if you haven’t already done so.
Spring 2018 Spotlight Posts
- A 3 part series on Open Educational Resources (OERs):
- Typography Design III COMD 2427, Brooklyn Historical Society
- Ink Club
- Opening Gateways
- Winter Python Workshop 2018
- The Gowanus Project
- CUNY and the UN: A Partnership
Fall 2017 Spotlight Posts
- Fuse Lab
- Story-telling in Interactive Fiction, FYLC
- Open Pedagogy on the OpenLab
- OER Fellowship
- English Composition 1 (Eng 1101 LC22/CD322)
- MTEC 2210 – Game Design & Interactive Media
We also spotlighted two new initiatives of the OpenLab this year…
…and improved our practices and built out our documentation around ongoing initiatives:
In addition to reviewing these posts from this past year, you can find a full curated list of all sites that have been spotlighted in our *new* Spotlight Archive. This archive offers visitors 3 curated lists to help them sort through the posts:
As always, we also encourage you to check out our in-house sites:
The OpenLab Community Team will continue to offer email support over the summer – please contact us with questions or concerns.
We are also beginning to post our fall programming. August workshops for Faculty/Staff have been posted – RSVP & mark your calendars! We will be in touch as we get more events and workshops on our calendar.
Wishing you all a very happy summer!
The OpenLab Community Team