We had a great time presenting at the CUNY IT Conference last week, where we showcased recent OpenLab community-building innovations, including L4: Living Lab Learning Library, a faculty-generated repository for General Education assignments; Open Educational Resources; The Buzz student blog for discussion and community building among students; and Patrick Corbett’s usability study that surveyed faculty engagement and recommended best practices. Presenters also discussed the OpenLab’s new mobile-friendly design and future initiatives, including cohort-based projects and collaborations across CUNY.
Thanks to everyone who came to our presentation, and to all our excellent presenters! They were:
- Jill Belli, Assistant Professor of English/OpenLab Co-Director
- Cailean Cooney, Instructor, User Services Librarian
- Patrick Corbett, Assistant Professor of English
- Charlie Edwards, Living Lab Co-Director
- Scott Henkle, Senior OpenLab Community Facilitator
- Anna Matthews, Assistant Professor of Dental Hygiene/L4 Director
- Andrew McKinney, Senior OpenLab Community Facilitator
- Jody R. Rosen, Assistant Professor of English/OpenLab Co-Director
- Laura Westengard, Assistant Professor of English/L4 Director
The presentation slides can be viewed below or downloaded as a PDF. And, please feel free to leave a comment with any questions or ideas!