Second Journal: My Role

Once I walked into Core 2 Print I was given a tour of the whole place and was briefly informed about each machine and what they do. I then sat in the show room with the assistant manager and my supervisor DanieI Rosa, who gave me a detailed description of what my role in Core 2 Print will be. I was assigned to work in two departments. The first one is creative marketing /strategic online marketing. This just means that I will be designing print ads and online ads (weekly) and will figure out ways to increase awareness of the company. I will also be in charge of posting interesting content on their social media to attract potential followers who may possibly become clients. The second job I will be doing is production artist. Working with DTG & screen printing artwork I will be making everything compatible to the machines. Also, I will be making sure the vector files and artworks sent to us by the client are correct and  do not need any changes. I became interested in working with this company because I love designing clothes and I have always been interested in how my designs get on the clothes. Prior to this internship I did t-shirts with this company, I got familiar with the people over time and developed a relationship. All I really had to do was ask if I could intern at the company. They know me as a good designer because of the work I sent them to print. They know I had design skills, they also know about my small business and have seen what I could do when it came to selling and marketing my brand. For this reason I did not really have to interview just show my resume.