Community Service

Greater New York Smiles Programs!

In November of 2011, I participated among numerous volunteers who were enthusiastic to help teach the children of New York City public schools about proper oral health care in Greater New York Smiles Programs at Jacob Javits Center. There were about 1,500 children from throughout the city’s five boroughs. After the elementary students participated in the interactive tutorial I was able to observe what the children had actually learned from the interactive oral health tutorial due to my post at the plumbed sinks. Most have showed great brushing technique, the children were able to practice their brushing techniques with the supervision of dental hygiene students. The elementary students at different duration of their visit watched a film on brushing and flossing demonstrations plus good healthy diet discussions.

Give Kids A Smile Day !

Head-start clinic 

In February 2013 I participated in Give Kids A Smile Day at NYCCT dental clinic. I perform examinations for caries lesions, eruption patterns, and any abnormal lesions, plus prophylaxis and provide the children with a dental report card. One of my patients was a 7 years old that had decay on her maxillary primary molars. A referral was given at the end of appointment to teacher for parent.