LEARNING SELF-ANALYSIS

I began my journey towards earning a baccalaureate of science in nursing degree in the fall of 2014. Therefore my journey has been condensed and expedited.

I was able to apply the skills I had learned in the associates program, time management, prioritization, organization, commitment, and more, to my journey in the bachelors program. These skills aided and enabled me in expediting my time in the bachelors program.

Although the bachelors program is not as cut-throat in comparison to the associates program, I was able to expand my learning into subjects outside the technical aspect of nursing. I feel that as a result I will be a more well-rounded nurse. I was able to exercise my abilities in being eloquent, articulate, and creative. Many classes, such as nursing research, community health nursing, comprehensive client care for urban health issues, and case management, also improve my flexibility in the job market by providing insight to different types of nursing. Other classes provided a more in-depth teaching of specific foundations of nursing, such as physical assessment, nutrition, pathophysiology, and professional nursing. My skills in eloquence, analysis, mathematics, literature, holistic thinking, and more were challenged. Ultimately, my time in the bachelors program built upon all the technical information I learned in the associates program, expanded my mindset, and refined my abilities to be a holistic nurse.