About me

When I was a little girl I remember being surrounded by dental instruments, tools, and catalogs. My grandfather and father run a company which manufactures and exports dental instruments. Being really young, I did not understand what these tools were called or used for but I recall always being fascinated and curious about them. As I got older, my father noticed my interest in helping him and he encouraged me to explore the dental field.

After completing a B.A. in Political Science, I began my research into applying for the Dental Hygiene program at the New York City College of Technology. Although I felt hesitant to apply at first, I received my admissions letter to the program in June 2016 and I was very excited to begin my journey.

Coming from a tradition which does not typically support higher education for women, I felt a lack of confidence in myself at first. Being a student at NYCCT changed that for me after being surrounded by the empowering female professors in the dental hygiene program. They are females who are diverse, educated, and all dental hygienists. They lead and run a competitive and prestigious program at City Tech. These are the type of woman I aspire to become with my newfound confidence and attitude.

My goal is to inspire women of all backgrounds that we are all capable of pursuing our dreams. I am proud to say that I have graduated from the Dental Hygiene program with honors and as the Golden Scaler of my class in 2018! I hope to one day teach Dental Hygiene to future aspiring hygienists.

#MyProudMom Have you ever seen anyone so happy to get an injection?