My Artwork

Art is anything the artist wants it to be and doesn’t have a specific look or style. I’ve always been an artsy type of person, anything that involved paper with crayons and I would be the happiest person ever. Never really thought of being an artist when I was younger, just knew it was something I was really good at. Until high school when I received an award from the metropolitan museum for classwork I did in art class. I saw it as classwork to get a ‘good grade’ but my teacher saw something else. That’s when I knew I really had talent, everything I knew was self-taught or from something I watched online for references. In my second year in college two of my professors put my artwork in the gallery. Me looking at the assignment as just “getting a good grade” was more than that to my teachers. Over the past 4 years, City Tech has built up my confidence in my artwork and made me realize that everyone’s perspective on art is different and to believe in the artwork I do and not just look at it as a grade.

www.instagram.com/nkayatheartist/

Author: N'Kaya Renford

As a self-taught artist, I'm open to creating anything in & out of my comfort zone. As a graphic designer, I help bring your brands' visions to life by designing aesthetic and compelling visuals.