A) I have utilized other illustrative work a part within the past, but as it were in other projects for school that were just for course, purposes only. And in projects for my internship that are for the real world, I continuously have utilized things that are free and affirm for other employments. I attempt my exceptionally best to live my life with judgment, and in terms of illustration implies, meaning following the rules of copyright and not taking work from other creatives .
A) Working with my internship for illustration , I have come to cross the standard of their character design and standard components required to be on tasks they would like me to do. Each project that I have worked on so distant there would be a individual to supply pictures needed to be included additionally able to propose superior quality of references. In addition, there was too a standard type for what sort of body sort and postures of the characters must be required when making my design for a poster or comic page. I was able to provide my supposition and contemplations when the we had other creators contribute with their work, be able to do this, I was given the opportunity to put my own imagination and involvement taking comparing and contrasting its was all fun and captivating and for me felt like I was working with corporate.
B) I have to follow the rules of this company required when working with the projects given I am entrusted to do. Even though I signed a non-disclosure agreement contract but still knew to be careful on my works since it is a project that hasn’t been completely completed however. When working on my assigned assignment, the internship I am taking wants to see my progress I’ve been doing, to know I am driving the correct way for their guidelines, and to assist me know what is anticipated in each assignment such as the component plan standard that has to be in it.
And so, without further more, One major thing I’ve learned from myself all through my internship, is that I discover working remotely to be harsh. It was truly difficult for me since of my family and sometimes my house can be exceptionally loud, and I’ve learned that it’s troublesome for me to remain centered and staying positive when I’m sitting in a room where all of a sudden my younger siblings would ambush me to come and play with them. Also for a while I’ve been going through so much that I’ve been feeling depressed as well, and it was hard to talk to my family about for them to take it as a joke, But through this internship Ive too learned that some of the time working from home can be a blessing. For me commuting with a bus, ferry, and train just to go to the city or to college was a bother but working at home has spared me hundreds of dollars for the months since the pandemic.. I am exceptionally thankful to Kollective Moda and Having such a pleasant Professor,. It was a astounding learning involvement for me, and I truly delighted in working for my Boss and for Kollective Moda.
Working from this internship from April til presently has been challenging for me. I’ve learned that I am not the speediest at for illustrating my characters, and posted designs and I’ve moreover learned that I am competing with others within the same field as me who wants be to within the best. I do think I did better than average work in any case, and I attempted my best to stay And thinking of good things Generally, I think one range I ought to work on is facial features and speed mostly in completing certain tasks, and I am happy I did this internship. It was a powerful learning encounter for me. But most imperatively I’ve been having fun, talking with other students just like me not as it were from diverse colleges here in NYC but from distinctive states, and countries all around, I get to listen their stories on how they got into the graphic design and illustration field and its all inspiring and all.
- So far for this week I have been given a new project to work on which is for designing patterns for new clothes now such as shoes and outerwear. My main focus is working on the illustrations and try not to be worrying about using Photoshop so much. But in any case so far I am doing great in internship.
- I agree with some of the rules mentioned in Modern Etiquette: If a coworker’s behavior is infringing upon your ability to perform your job well, address it directly with the individual And its true I’m sure no co-worker wants to work with someone who has a terrible behavior. And I’ve dealt with that with experiences from working with the department of education.
- Reading from the code of ethics, I agree with everything that is stated in this article. All information must be kept as confidential otherwise how can the employer trust their employees to work on the assignments they’re given? Do not work on a project that the client has given to someone else because it is waste of your time and disrespectful to you. Do not work for free, but for a fee otherwise what is going to pay the bills? Time is very precious, but most importantly do no harm with the work that is created and respect the dignity of all audiences by taking everything into consideration. Also Today we as artist are utilizing art and. Just show everyone around you, whether its web design, motion graphics, illustrations, graphic design, etc. And being able to make a experience can get somebody understand the art side better.
Hi guys , I completed a few illustration projects for the Art group and now I am working with a new group called design team where i for the most part work on design outlines, prints, and planning unique designs for products . Today I just wrapped up planning a couple of illustrations pieces for a material piece. I appreciate what I’m doing and how my boss lets me run wild with imagination in my work and open to proposals. , I’m well balanced how things are well close to remaining home bury hey there’s nothing we can do. Even in spite of the fact that I’m working from home I do miss strolling around KTown in Manhattan just to group inspiration for art. For now I eat Asian inspire dishes and tune in to kpop music fair to feel motivated a bit.
Here is my eportfolio link
As for hours I have 105 hours done.
By next week I should have maybe at least over 120 hours completed
As for my PowerPoint presentation I will be discussing about
Getting my Internship
The company I am working at
The Project I’ve been mostly working on
The project I loved the most working on
What have I learned from the company
What has evolved from me working in the company
During week 3 of internship I was actually moved up. I wanted to try something new, instead of focusing on characters, my supervisor gave me the task of creating new patterns and designs for the projects. To be honest I was quite skeptical because I didn’t really have any sort of interest with patterns or designs but i wanted to give it a shot. It was really interest and cool collaborating with other students like me without a focus of illustration because i get to see their viewpoints. In the end I came out with new designs, and started to use photoshop more, and photoshop is usually not my style, I enjoyed working with this new team because I learn so many new skills from them as well.
Hello everyone!! How is everyone doing, hope all is well.
1) I am working as a illustration Intern for a company called Koka Consulting, and we are working on a comic called Jespionne. I’ve been given assignments such as illustrating and sketching characters, so far I’ve been given two characters to draw, Ive been coming up with facial expressions, poses, and action fighting scenes. Next is drawing props such as cars, sceneries, and backgrounds. Ive been doing research on drawing cars and how to make them more attractive. And finally coloring the characters given to me. Sometimes other interns or other people in charge of characters would give me the finished characters and I would give them base colors and shadows. Ive also bumped my way up from illustration characters, to drawing patterns for clothings. Drawing the patterns out has been a lot fun for me.
What I liked about this article and what stood out for me is about connecting with peers. I am sometimes a very shy person and it takes a while for me to open up to connect with someone. But when talking with a person over and over with a same common ground I get to open up more. What I’ve learned fro the article is best opportunities often emerge on the work or within the classroom, where you get the chance to have casual discussions that may start thoughts or unused projects. It may be accommodating to discover a brief course or internship with like-minded peers after graduation and how we as upcoming grads should take advantage of the creative vitality around you and remain associated to your peers. You’ll get recommended for a work that somebody else isn’t able to require, or discover a collaborator to assist your work to be launched.Source- https://justcreative.com/2015/01/12/networking-tips-for-designers
My first actual internship started with cuny service corps. I was a college counselor prepping students for college. Not only have I worked there on the education side but I merged my graphic design skills in in this internship.They wanted to see whether or not I was capable of communicating my skills to them as well as know if I was able to embrace them for the type of work they provided. They teachers, and staff were always observing me to see what my skills i was able to bring from college to the school and to see if I was capable of anything to them, and at the end I was useful to them. So useful they hired me as their substitute paraprofessional and at the end of the day I would use my graphic design skills to help them.
- A professional designer shall acquaint himself or herself with a client’s business and design standards and shall act in the client’s best interest within the limits of professional responsibility.
- A professional designer shall not accept instructions from a client that involve infringement of another person’s property rights without permission, or consciously act in any manner involving any such infringement.
- A professional designer is encouraged to contribute five percent of his or her time to projects in the public good-projects that serve society and improve the human experience.
Hi everyone my name is Nicole Harripersad I am an upcoming senior and my main focus in graphic design is mostly digital illustration. My skills are mostly consisting of graphic design, illustrator, photoshop, and Procrdate.
I have been working from an Internship since April 13th, 2020 from Koka Consultant Kollective Moda and I have been part of a team designing characters and creating props and sceneries for a upcoming comic called Jespionne.
Art that I have been looking into for a long time is pop surrealism. My favorite artist from this type of art is Camilla D’Erico.
I have a link of a few of my art pieces.
Nice to meet you all.
On November 29th, I went on a class trip to the United Federations of Teachers (UFT) Printing Area. I have never been to a print area before in my life, even though I always print out brochures from my job with just an industrial printer. In this place, they had more than just industrial printers. The machines I saw over there were very cool. I witnessed a stamp machine where the machine stamps on the uft logo on envelopes just so it can be shipped out. I also witness a machine that opens up envelopes and slips in a piece of paper inside the envelope, that saves so much manual labor and time for people where they slip in the paper by hand. And my favorite machine that I saw over there was the machine that prints on t-shirts and clothing. Seeing that up close makes me want to print some of my designs o a T-Shirt and sell them. I really had a great time at the UFT Printshop, and it makes me want to print out a lot of cool things whether its paper, clothing, or objects. And I hope as a future graphic design teacher I get to work with different types of printing.