Maureen Neuringer | COMD 3711 | Section D030

14 Discussion

Each week you will need to respond to a question posted. Your response should be a minimum of 150 words for both questions. You should also include at least one response to your fellow students. The responses are a requirement for participation part of your grade.

Question 01 –

What elements of Illustrator will you use in your final artwork?

1. Ebony Derrick

The most important tool that we used was the perspective grid tool, it helps us create an illustration in the correct perspective. The cube at the upper right corner when in perspective tells us what plane we are inputting our designs in to such as the buildings and text. The perspective grid tool allows us to design different point perspectives; one-point, two-point, and three-point perspectives. I used symbols for the tree and flowers and used ellipses to create the clouds in the background. I also lightened the opacity of the top portion of the clouds I created to give it a more realistic look and feel.

2. Matthew De Souza

The main tools we’ll be using in this final artwork is the perspective grid tool and the perspective selection tool. There is a cube present at the top called a widget which controls the placement of the object or text. You can design in either one-point perspective, two-point perspective, or three-point perspective. For tough shapes and added creativity, I’ll be using the pen tool to make more complex art and have them placed. I will also be using the symbols for clouds as well as the effect gallery for buildings.

3. Nastassia Molicheva

Firstly, the most important part of this artwork is using the perspective grid & perspective selection tool. They allow to create the perception of depth and illusion of three-dimensionality of the illustrations. The perspective grid tool uses three distinct planes onto which the objects can be put and further manipulated to one’s own liking. Through the use of the perspective selection tool, one can ensure that the objects that are being manipulated stay adjusted to the perspective grid.

Additionally, I will use various shapes, gradients and patterns in order to create the artwork. I will also include the elements mentioned as requirements in the assignment sheet.

4. Jenise Roque

In my final, I will be using the perspective grid and the perspective selection tool to make a perspective building Illustration. The perspective grid will help create dynamic building Illustrations and you can choose three sides in order to capture 3 points of perspective. It is a great tool to use if you want to advance your skills in learning perspective.

5. Jeffrey Lin

Elements I would use in my final artwork in illustrator are the perspective grid, symbols, gradients, line and shape tools and the layer window. The perspective grid helps me create perspective illustrations. The symbols window is handy because its a faster way to get symbols directly in illustrator. I don’t have to go searching for symbols in the internet. Gradients for the windows to show reflection of light. Lines and shape tools to help me make buildings, decorations, furniture, etc. The layer window helps me organize things.

• Jenise Roque

I agree with everything that you said. I also like how you included other tools such as the gradients because we will need those tools to add dimension to our perspective building drawings.

6. Nira Bouzgarrou

I’ll use the perspective grid in my creative process to give my work life. A technique for creating items with a diagonal-like structure, the perspective grid is very useful for depicting structures. There are three separate sides to it: blue, orange, and green. To achieve optimal alignment and coherence, each side must be viewed from its own point of view. The orange side provides the option of flipping the orientation, acting as the back/front perspective, while the blue side provides a way to create the front/back view. The structures’ intriguing dance of light and shadow is made possible by this interaction of viewpoints. The roadway, sidewalk, and general ground surface are all represented by the green side. I’ll use several buildings in my artwork to make a cool design utilizing a variety of other components and art styles.

• Jeffrey Lin

It’s good that you’re describing each perspective grid side’s functions/what they can be used for.

• Ebony Derrick

I like that you included an explanation of the functions of each plane of the perspective grid tool. it’ll help someone that doesn’t know what it is understand how it’s used and the purpose for each side.

7. Blany Gil Reyes

I will be using the perspective grid to create my artwork. A bit of information about the perspective grid is that it allows you to create pieces of work that are seen in a diagonal-like structure, which is preferably used for buildings. There’s a blue side. Orange side and a green side; each size needs to have its own “perspective in order for things to look aligned. The blue side can be used to create a front/back view while using the orange as the back/front, kind of like a vice versa sort of function to it. Giving the buildings this sense of light and shadow. As for the green side, it is used to create the street, sidewalk, and pretty much just the floor in general. I will include multiple buildings, along with a street, my graphic-style pattern design, a sun, and many more, along with a surprise in the artwork.

• Nira Bouzgarrou

It’s great how we can use this tool to create perspective in our work. Can’t wait to see your design!

8. Zi Hang Lian

For the final artwork, we’ll be using the Perspective Grid to make 3D objects. We’ll be using simple shapes and making them look 3D with the help of the Perspective Grid. The Perspective Grid have three sides.

The blue which is the left side. Orange which is the right side. Green which is the floor. All of these can be of course customized to your own likings. Each side has their own angle.

The blue section is like the front view of the design. The orange section is the back view of the design. The green is the flooring where you can include plants and other flooring elements.

• Blany Gil Reyes

Indeed, it is fascinating how easily one can create this sort of 3D-like environment by using the three sides that the perspective grid provides.

• Maribel Royer

I agree with you, Blany. The perspective drawing tools that Illustrator offers work great to create vector 3D shapes. I wish we had more time to explore more about their interesting functionality. I can imagine how many more ideas we can create with it, like more complex layouts with multiple buildings and common streets features for real-city-view designs. I love it and I’ll definitely continue exploring more about it to continue developing what I’ve learned.