https://www.flushinghospital.org/

Ever since I was a child, I have always perceived myself in the position of the healthcare professional. The spectacle of the suffering people being taken care of has always triggered some sympathetic feelings in me and I always desired to aid them. During my senior year in the dental hygiene program, I was one of the five lucky students who was offered an internship position at Flushing Hospital Medical Center in Queens, NY. It was a very rewarding experience to be able to work with amazing dentists and dental staff. I learned a lot of things throughout the course of this internship. From managing unmanageable pediatric patients to comforting a patient with Alzheimer’s disease. I was also given the privilege to practice my clinical skills that I have learned in school ( Scaling and Root Planning, prophylaxis treatment, taking radiographs and also identifying pathology) with real clinic patients.  Just like other professionals, dental hygienist has their own roles and responsibilities. With the quality training that I obtained in college and during my internship, I believe I will be proudly serving my community. As a hygienist, I will always strive to alleviate my patient’s distress and give them back their smiles.

3V Dental Office in Port Washington, NY

As a Dental Assistant my duties included the following:

Patient Data input.

Digital Assessment.

Taking radiographs.

The assistance of DDS and RDH with daily patient treatments.

Occasional assistance of the Maxillofacial Surgeon during dental surgeries.

Home