Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared.

Buddha

The quote evokes the imagery of candelight and candles, so I illustrate a semi-realistic candle in photoshop. The black background emphasizes the light of the fire. And the palette I chose, magenta and purple, are based on colors that personally make me happy. The typeface used here is Baskerville Regular, flush left.

This second design directly follows the first, borrowing the subject matter and palette yet very minimal. The typeface used is Helvetica Neue Ultra Light, justified with the last line aligned to center.

This last design deviates from the previous ones and is much more contemporary. I made it to imitate YouTube Topic videos. I knew I wanted at least one image with the Buddha. In this instance the quote is the title of the song and the artist is simply “Buddha”. The typefaces used are Roboto Medium and Roboto Light.