A Typical Work Week

RODNAE Productions 2021, Sticky Notes Stuck on a Monitor, accessed 22 October 2022, <https://www.pexels.com/photo/sticky-notes-stuck-on-a-monitor-7581124/>

There is no “typical day” for me with this internship due to the fact that it is all done remotely. Instead, I have a typical daily and weekly routine when it comes to getting projects done well and on time.

Once I get my latest project from my supervisor, I begin working on it as soon as I make time for it in my schedule. I do this by writing down a “To-Do List” for myself every day so that I don’t procrastinate or get assignments done late. Usually for internship assignments, I am typically given a week to work on it and make it the best that it can be. Due to the internship being remote, I need to spread the time that I work on this assignment evenly. I do this by spending each day of the week that it’s due working on the assignment (ie: if the assignment was assigned Friday and due next Friday, work on it immediately and get feedback to improve it before the deadline). I find this is the best way to work for me as it allows me to get feedback from my supervisors and improve the project before its final deadline. I also try to get work done on projects during my breaks/off time at my part-time job.

I do my best to stay on top of all of my work, be it internship related or class related. While it does get tough to keep up with school assignments, internship assignments, and my part-time job, I believe I have been able to manage all of them successfully. Ever since COVID-19 hit the U.S badly, for the past 2 years, I have been working part-time and going to school. This semester, an internship throws in another layer by acting almost like a second job to me. I am doing my best to manage all of this though and will continue to do so until the day it’s over.