Field Trip Reflection

It was an amazing experience  going to both The Center For Book Arts, and The Rubin Museum because I honestly never been to both these locations. When we went to The Center For Book Arts, the Zines were so out there. It had everything about violence, politics, women, and so on. My favorite one that I read was, “The Talking Lamb”, and it was very dirty, but interesting at the same time . A man talking to a lamb and arguing about very uncomfortable things to even write on this post. I also enjoyed the different stories of individuals that were hanged up on the wall. Some were weird, sad, fun and outstanding stories, but their story is what made them who they are today. After going around, we finally saw the process of printmaking machines. I always wanted to try printmaking, but never got the chance to. The guy that talked about it was very friendly, he showed us a poster and how you can tell that it was freshly printed but the old style.  Anyway, going to the Rubin Museum wasn’t as bad, and I really enjoyed that museum. Francesco Clemente, a Italian man, but his heart in India. His paintings was a one word description, phenomenal. It described the cultures that India has, but also the differences within. In my opinion and what I saw in his paintings, India has a lot to do with symbols, and Earth. In some way the Sun means something, as well as the moon. Hunger strikes people in India, and starvation occurs everyday. The sculptors that represented the Sun was my favorite because in india is always hot, and people need to somehow get water from the river or a stream they could find. Finally, after visualizing and comprehending, i enjoyed his work. It was interesting and fun to read about each painting. At the end, it was time to go, but I enjoyed the Field trip and can’t wait for more to come! 🙂

The Talking Lamb, Sushi Yes

The Talking Lamb, Sushi Yes

Individual Stories

Individual Stories

Francesco Clemente, The Sun

Francesco Clemente, The Sun