I wasn’t available to go to the Cooper Hewitt with the Internship class, but I was able to go there alone during the weekend. I think it was the same day when they had the New York Marathon going on because as I was heading there I saw people cheering fro runners near the park. I didn’t know it was free for CUNY students to go to Cooper Hewitt when I paid for it online, but it didn’t matter much to me.

At the Cooper Hewitt I was given a pen and explain that it was a digital logged pen where you record anything interesting you found at the Museum and save it in your pen. It was similar to a Pinterest where anything you see you can save it and show it on your dashboard of all the things that you recorded. I found that interesting and kept in mind when looking at pieces at the museum. Honestly, there wasn’t anything that peaked my interest. I did like seeing the miniature architecture buildings and some of the porcelain vases were shiny and great to see on display. ON the third floor was filled with people’s architectural work but nothing that was worth noting. I did record somethings with the pen but I found ti too much of a gimmick.

Overall I did enjoy my time there and it was great to see historical pieces of art that you don’t usually see at a grander museum like the Met or MoMa. The digital pen log was a nice plus.