Before working at my actual internship I had to attend orientation for the internship program. For orientation I had to go to one of Viacom’s big skyscraper buildings in Time Square. This made me realize how big of a media company Viacom actually is in general. As I head up to the 13th floor I went into a room with other interns who will be working in various other departments at Viacom.

During the orientation we all had to introduce ourselves and talk about what college we came from and where we will be interning at Viacom. I learned that there are many students outside of the New York area that came to intern at Viacom. I also found out more about Viacom and the company in general.

The orientation was very organized and structured. They knew what to explain to us and even had a folder with a small book and paperwork for us to do before actually starting our internship. They also had to check if we completed our paperwork for employment before handing it to our supervisor. Overall it was a good orientation and I had a great time talking to other students and learn where they will be working in Viacom.