Using Bionic Technology for People with Disabilities (part III)

My bionic researches still continues. After being able inventing a bionic hand for humans that is controllable also by an iPhone with 24 extra movements on the part I of this three-blog-series and part II that consists of a 3D bionic human ear, scientists make a really great use of the high technology. This time on a puppy.

Naki was an abandoned little puppy who was abandoned during a foreclosed home in California, left outside for days and night in cold winter. Because of freezing temperatures, he lost four of his paws. He was lucky to survive. The problems don’t start here until little Naki grows up where at a point he is unable to support his own weight. When he reached five weeks old, he was rescued and sheltered. He had removed his dead tissues on his four limbs and simply left like that with no hope. Later on, after being adapted to Christie Tomlinson, a Veterinary technician, Naki was doing just fine, but the problem was that he was getting bigger and gained weight.  Walking became too painful and he could only crawl on his tummy.

After hearing about a company called Orthopets, Miss. Tomlinson agreed to try his two back legs fitted with prosthetic  Naki seemed to do just fine with them on so the company was more than happy to offer the whole set for free, and he is thought to be the first dog ever to have bionic legs.  They were designed to mimic his bones and muscles which stimulate them and be used as normally as possible without causing any pain to Naki. It was very easily to adopt to this new way of walking for Naki after a while which made him more confident on hid body weight.

Tomlinson is really excited to see her pet happy and jumping around. “He was always a happy dog, but now he’s much more confident,” she said. “It’s great to see him interact with other dogs at the park and play without a care. Naki can now not only chase after a ball with other dogs, but he can beat them to the catch!”

Source: http://canidaepetfood.blogspot.com/2011/07/four-prosthetic-paws-lets-bionic-dog.html

This entry was posted in Technology, Uncategorized and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

4 Responses to Using Bionic Technology for People with Disabilities (part III)

1. Wm Hedon says:

Nice stuff, never hurts to try and see a chiropractor.

2. What’s up mates, its fantastic article about cultureand fully defined, keep it up
    all the time.

3. Gabriele says:

Appreciating the hard work you puut into yourr blog and
    in depth information you provide. It’s good to come across a blog every
    oncce inn a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information. Fantastic read!
    I’ve bookmarked your site and I’m adding yoir RSS feeds to
    my Google account.

Also visit my web page … diet to lose weight healthy;
    Gabriele,