Michael Cannetti | OL15 11310 | Summer 2021

Assignment 1

Logline: a teenager buys airpods off ebay

Outline: Chris lost his airpods last week and was thinking of buying a new pair but he didn’t want to waste a lot of money. He then finds out that ebay has some people selling airpods for lower prices. He buys the first one he sees and gets the email saying that it’s coming next week. When the day came, Chris opened the box as fast as he can. And all he saw was the cheapest wired earbuds you could imagine, they weren’t even Apple. With mixed rage and confusion, Chris realizes he should’ve just bought the new pair.

Logline: two friends go to Central Park to meet up with a sneaker seller

Outline: Kyle and Troy have been wanting the new nike shoes that came out, ever since the drop, it’s been hard to find a pair. People say it sold out in just 1 minute. However, Troy knew someone who had them. The seller’s name was Albert and he’s known for selling real stuff only. Kyle and Troy decided to meet him up in Central Park, and when they get there they faced a problem. Albert only had one pair.

Logline: While getting interviewed on Zoom, Jacob realizes how loud his house is

Outline: Jacob finally got an interview set up after countless applications got rejected, Best Buy emailed him back for a Zoom interview at 3 o’clock in the afternoon. Jacob joins and meets his soon to be manager, Chris. They greet each other and Chris starts asking the questions. Then there’s yelling coming from Jacob’s living room. Its his parents cheering because they’re watching a soccer/football game. Jacob says sorry for the noise but Chris doesn’t mind it. Then there’s a bark coming from the yard, Chris’ dog Max is barking loudly. And on top of that Jacob’s little sister is crying in the other room. Jacob goes on mute and then decides to reply everything by chat. Because there’s so much noise Jacob moves his head closer to the laptop speaker in order to hear Chris well. After the interview ends, Jacob gets frustrated because he thinks he lost the job. A week passes by and he gets a call saying he’s starting tomorrow.

1. Faye Wang

Hi Alvaro,

Fake airpods from ebay
    I really like this topic. I can imagine the changing face of Chris for open the package. The mood from receiving a new thing to realize being fraud, it will be very interesting. This is also a very relatable story, I can feel the sadness and anger after reading the outline. Meanwhile, this one should be really easy to film even with just yourself. I’m really looking forward to your making this video!

Buying sneakers
    Are Kyle and Troy have the same size? Before they go to trade, did they tell Albert about the amount of the shoes they want? Or they just too cautious about the fake problem of the sneakers and forget about that they need 2 pairs? Why they choose the meet in person trade instead of buying sneakers on StockX or other reliable online apps? Is it because Albert sell it more cheaper or Troy has any reason? This is also a very relatable story, I’m curious what kind of sneakers will appears in the video.

Tough interview in a noisy environment
    This is going to be a difficult video to shoot, because your going to be record a lot of different voices. But, it is also a relatable and understandable story, I am having a same issue as Jacob last summer, it is really headache. I’m curious how he got hired in such a difficult environment, does he very professional in answering interview questions or does he know a lot about electronics?

I’m very curious about which topic you will be film with.
    Looking forward for it!

-Xiaofei Wang

2. Yessica

Hi!
    1. I think this idea is great but I would like to know what genre this would be? Is it a comedy or more serious? You can easily show this by Chirs’ actions, does he throw the headphones across the room from rage? Or does he sign and just use the fake airpods?

2. Although I love cliff hangers I don’t think this one should have one. But, if you would like to keep the cliff hanger I think you should have more events happen before it. Maybe they have to go through a whole journey to meet up with this guy, maybe they take the wrong train or bus. I think more events happen need to happen before the cliff hanger to keep the audience interested.
    3. I think this one is the most relatable during these times. I personally had an interview a couple of months ago and towards the end of it my dog started to bark really loud in the living room which is right underneath my room so you could hear it. But, just like Jacob I actually ended up getting the job. I do believe this might be hard to film because there is a lot going on but, I definitely think it’s doable.

3. Zhigang Wen

Hello, Alvaro

“Wired” Airpods
    This is a plot that is relevant to people’s lives and can be very immersive to read on it. While I’m reading your Logline, I feel as if I’m right next to Chris as I witnessed all this happen. However, I personally have thought is that what if Chris finally received the wired earbuds, but the wire was cut off because the seller tries to pretend it is a pair of Airpods. In this case, will Chris become angrier?

The choice
    If Kyle and Troy both liked the shoes and the size of the shoes fit them, it would be a small challenge to their relationship. But perhaps when they are both confused, the seller might be able to find an extra pair of shoes to help them out? That way the ending can be a little more perfect.

The Interview with chaos
    This is an awkward situation, after all, the interviewer’s first impression of the interviewer is important. But fortunately, in the end, the interviewer probably valued the intelligence revealed in Jacob’s answers to the questions, and disregarded the other reasons that could not judge a person’s ability to do the job. In my personal opinion, perhaps the wisdom revealed by Jacob’s answers to Chris’ questions in the chatbox can be filmed, so it can explain why Chris chose him in the end?

4. Mercedes Alvarez

Story 1 is really interesting because I think a lot of people can relate to it. People are usually skeptical about buying things through websites like eBay for this reason. I was thinking you could possibly add something more to the ending to make it funny or more dramatic. Maybe when Chris gets mad after seeing the headphones he received, he can knock something over out of anger and find his old AirPods underneath.

Story 2-this could be a really fun video to film, the plot is interesting. Some questions to think about could be are Kyle and Troy the same shoe size? Will they argue over the shoes? Maybe they can place a bet and Kyle wins, but knowing how badly Troy wanted them he gifts them to him?

Story 3- I really like this idea, noisy backgrounds is something a lot of us had to deal with whether for online school or work. I believe it would be difficult to film all the distractions you listed in the period of time we have, but if you do have those resources then I would go for it! I’m excited to see what you come up with.