Introduction, Electron theory, Materials and conductivity, Magnets and Magnetism, Electromagnetism and its applications.
Assigned readings for Class#1 (Read before class!):
- Electricity Fundamentals (Wisc Online – Wisconsin University)
- Semiconductors fundamentals- James Fiore. Chapter 1 pages 14-27
- All about Circuits AAC Chapter 1 Basic concepts of Electricity – Static Electricity
- All about Circuits AAC Chapter 1 Basic concepts of Electricity – Conductors, Insulators and Electron flow
Other links to explore for class # 1
- Electromagnetism Simulator by
PhET Interactive Simulations, University of Colorado Boulder
- Video about Matter and Atoms
- Video about Solenoids
Review the Lecture for Class #1 On blackboard
Assigned Homework for Class #1
- Look for Quiz online on Blackboard
- Explore and Post on the Discussion board on Blackboard two product choices for the Electrical Component Paper.