2 thoughts on “Group #8‘s concert (Cuiqiu, Mayra, and Jesus)

1. Cuiqiu Post author

We are going to listen the New York Classical players perform three of Beethoven’s early quartets, Opus 18 nos. 6, 3, and 2, so I think that the music should be pure, fresh and lively. I expect the music should be concise and easy to understand, with some Beethoven’s unique characteristics. As they promise that the performance will be a new perspective into Beethoven’s revolutionary chamber music, I will look forward to their performance. I think the performers have their own ways to play the essence of Beethoven.
    http://www.nypl.org/events/programs/2015/10/03/beethoven-encounters-opus-18-string-quartets-part-1

2. Mayra Mayancela

Since my group and I have agreed on watching the performance of Beethoven’s early quartes, which involve Opus 18 nos. 6, 3 and 2. It’s said that these pieces were originally composed from 1789-1800 and known as music pieces that were not written in sequence. In this concert I expect to hear violinist since it’s said that NYCP violinists Grace Park and Ken Hamao, violist Andy Lin and Michael Katz will be performing the first part.