3 Examples of Rhythm That I Found Interesting

I am gonna start this off with a quick disclaimer the pictures im about to show you are copyrighted so their not gonna be the best of quality. If you want to see them in full clarity then click the link below the page, anyway lets talk about rhythm :D. So I went to Coroflot.com and discovered a design artist by the name James Peay and his work uses a mixture of movement and uneven rhythm in his patterns. For instance in his first piece we see here the rhythm is incredibly sporadic with lines going all over the place giving me the impression that each line is continuing in their own way. However in the second piece we see its more clam almost using the same color palette as the first piece we saw in piece. The impression of the rhythm in this piece is slow with line work increase and decrease horizontally almost gives a static approach like what you would see VHS tapes. As for the third piece it tends to take a more different approach by having the rhythm scattered throughout the checker boarded gradient and covering it with tones of grey and black triangular shapes. Overall I like Peay’s use of rhythm because of the his use of triangle line work and use of color. It almost reminds me of retro design work from the late 80s and early 90s.

0

here the link of reference:

http://www.coroflot.com/Jamespeay5/Textiles