March 29, 2020
It was good to see you the other day and in a way, I wish we didn’t have another break on Wednesday but we do. The chancellor of CUNY has declared a period of “recalibration”. So, I will see you all via zoom on April 8th. I’ll send out the zoom link before class.
Below I am going to write out the homework which is due on April 1st. I suggest though for yourselves you do some of the work this week and some next week.
- Finish Your Book Covers/Album Covers and post them on your sites. You may use a combination of Illustrator and Photoshop
- Poke around on each other’s sites and choose 2 other book covers to write about on your site. Discuss why you think it is successful and what you think they could do to improve their concept.
- Using the photo correction tools – spot healing/healing/patch/content-aware + the adjustment tools: levels, etc. to repair a damaged photo of your choice. Google Damaged photo and download an image that is damaged and fix it. Post both on your site.
- Watch Everything is a Remix Remastered (2015 HD) from Kirby Ferguson on Vimeo and be prepared to discuss it in class.
- Create a 30 second sound design piece (deets below)
Moving on to Sound and Adobe Audition
Using one of the prompts below create a 30 second sound design piece. You must use at least 5 different sources.
- Bank robbery
- Haunted house
- Terrorist attack (Times Square)
When you are finished export>mixdown session > .wav file or mp3 and upload them to your google drive. Then share the link (make sure “share with world” is ticked) and post the link to your Openlab with a paragraph explaining your process, challenges, etc.
Please make sure everything is uploaded before class!!! Let me if you have questions.