Pitches

When it comes to things that are currently out that are similar to my project of the Neuro Linker, I can only think of very few things.  The main two I can think about is the brain implant chip.  The other thing I can think about is what the google team has made, Google Glass.

As for a reminder of what my project is about, it’s basically a computer that you can bring anywhere around with you by wearing it on your neck.  It tricks your nerves into making you believe that you’re seeing all these windows, as well as feeling them if you were to reach out and touch them.  Whatever interactions you do with these windows are sent back to the Neural Linker as instructions of sorts.

There has been brain implant chips being worked on by several companies.  Instead of talking about it, here’s a video of a monkey controlling an arm using his brain implant.

Brown University creates first wireless, implanted brain-computer interface

The google team has come up with Google Glass, which gives you an augmented reality feel.  It sort of is like a computer you can take anywhere you want with you but sadly it comes with lots of drawbacks.  The auto-type is useless, the AR windows are too close to your screen that it’s hard to figure out what you’re look at.  Voice controls are extremely buggy, with a bad interface as well.  To top if off, not only is the battery life really poor, but you still need a smart phone to be able to use it outside of the house.

http://www.techradar.com/us/news/video/google-glass-what-you-need-to-know-1078114

The occulus rift also is very similar to the neuro linker simply due to the virtual reality advances it offers.  It lets us envisions what we see first hand, as if it was through our own eyes and reacts to our movements.

Similar to this, we also have head sets that read our brainwaves.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2012/08/brainwave-hacking/

This entry was posted in Assignments, David Evangelista, two pitches. Bookmark the permalink.