Selfiemotion

This image requires alt text, but the alt text is currently blank. Either add alt text or mark the image as decorative.

The Selfiemotion project was fun to do. As you can notice, my first collage was plain and easy. when I showed it to my professor she said:” Chop, chop yourself.”
I was like what? more than this! She answered: yes, and that was all. I started cutting and playing with the pieces to show my emotion. I think I worked hard to get the final one that I will show in the final step: delivery.
I enjoyed the process and the discoveries made while trying to deliver.
What I learned from the ‘Selfiemotion Project” that with a grayscale value you can create a mood by focusing in a specific point that shows that mood, and using different values of grayscale you can direct the viewer’s eye.
In my project, using the grayscale helped me to express the movement of the chosen mood, and to emphasis the point that shows that mood. In this case, it was the eyes and the head.
However, I wasn’t fully satisfied with the result, so I kept brainstorming; that’s the final result that I will put in the next step.

2 thoughts on “Selfiemotion

1. orangeboy

I think you did a great job cropping/cutting pieces and placing them together; as well as capturing some sort of complementary movement. Your composition is great and cohesive. Whereas the mood is a bit stuck between fear and surprise. All in all, Its a strong effort from me. Love this!