These are the final pictures. One represents a tile and the other represents, at least in my eyes macaroni.
Oh how yummy. The curves and the magnitude of the lines as well as the little particles on the top gives me the impression that it is pasta. Oh how I can taste the cheese melting on my tongue because it was fresh out of the oven. Eat this with macaroni with some chicken along with some avacado and your belly will thank you. Do not forget drink it down with some orange solo (a caribbean treat).
Every morning when I wake up to get ready for school, I go to the bathroom to take a shower. upon entering, I look down and see my reflection painted on the flower patterned tile. They are plated perfectly on the floor, you don’t know the cut off point on the tile. It sits perfect, I admire it for quite some time.
texture line and type
pattern line and type
I think this projct was fun. I’m happy on how my drawings came out. Again I think I was too detailed, more specifically the fence drawings. The lines and text were not hard but it was too time and thinking on how I wanted it to look.
Overall I felt that I did a nice job on the lines part. I can tell the difference between the object and the background. The different shade and spacing of the strokes really defined the images.
As for the patterns I felt like there is a lot of room for improvements. With so many words, it became a bit confusing for me to see the image. Maybe I should have simplified it by having less words and then increased the size of the fonts and maybe play around with the contrast.
I need to work better on the mood. For the gates i did put a lot of words on how I felt about the gates, but i didn’t do that for the pasta. Overall it was a great learning experience but I really
should put more time on making different sketches so I can generate more ideas a long the way and then maybe I could have done a better deliver on project 2.
The pasta was well done. I made different shades and space of strokes to define the object and the shadows. Because it was a pasta I decided to make swirly patterns to describe the movement of the pasta. It was a great practice and preparation for my last part, using script typeface. For the gates I was not happy with it because of the lack of background and too many white space that should not have been there. I will continue to work on it, add lines to remove the white space.