Feedback for Humaiya
Feedback for Fatima
Feedback for Jazmin
Feedback for Rebeca
Feedback for Kenia
Feedback for Chris
For Tue 12/17
Final Exam Prep:
- Read “Hello, Stranger” sample exam in Packet II. Choose one of the prompts and write an essay outline responding to it (not the essay itself, just an outline of the points you want to make).
- Begin reviewing the final exam article handed out in class.
HW for Thu 12/12
Read “MLA Citation Guide” in Packet II, pp. 5-7.
1) Add in-text citations to your Essay 2.
2) Write out your list of articles used in Essay 2—alphebatized by the last name of your authors.
3) Use this citation generator to create properly formatted entries for each source in your Works Cited.
4) Post your Works Cited list for Essay 2 to the blog and bring a revised paper copy of your Essay 2 to class.
Feedback for Ishrat
Feedback for Ijeoma
Feedback for Leo
HW for Tue 12/10
Read Naylor’s “A Word’s Meaning Often Depends on Who Says it” (Packet I and/or “Language” packet. Post essay workshop feedback to blog. Revise your essays!
Feedback for Jamela
HW for Thu 12/5
Finish reading McCarthy’s “Notes on Trap” (handout) and complete Essay 2 feedback on the blog.
HW for Tue 12/2
Make-up/Home-work for Tuesday
Memes from Ishrat
HW for Thu 11/21
1) In 2-3 sentences, describe a couple details from Drake’s video that stand out to you (the background, the outfits, the lighting, the dancing, the facial expressions, etc.)
2) Find a quotation from Caraminica’s article that connects to what you wrote in #1. In 1-2 sentences, write about the connection between the details you noticed in the video and the passage you’ve found in Caraminica’s article. EX: This aspect of Drake’s video can be connected to Jon Caraminica’s analysis of it: ________ (explain the connection)
3) Now make a connection back to what you wrote about memes earlier. How does Drake’s video and/or Caraminica’s text about it relate to what you said about meme’s earlier?
EX: Earlier I mentioned how memes ______(re-state something you said about the topic earlier). This connects to ________(something you’ve noticed in Drake’s video or Caraminica’s text)____.
2. Read Jace Clayton’s text called “on rap and white noise” (handed out in class and available online).
Feedback for Arian
FEEDBACK for Katelyn
HW for Tue 11/19
Finish any missing blog work. Read Caraminica’s article on Drake and memes in Packet 2.