WEEK6. Apps Presentation

Snapchat vs Instagram 

Purpose

Snapchat and Instagram are similar but different. Through title/icon, we can understand easy. The snapchat is a mainly chatting app with friends. The Instagram app is a photo sharing app on public. As we can see through the logo, there is an instant camera which a user post images and video to the users following them.  On purpose sharing images, the Instagram app has many filter to eidt high-quality images. Their main purpose is different but they have a common in sharing and distributing images and video.

Stay or not ?? 

Instagram is like a Facebook’s post – Instagram is a sister to Facebook, Instagram images are permanence and post in public. I believe that after it’s been posted, the value of post will increase. As many viewers as see, the images will have high-value, record and will listed on the top or often.

However, the snapchat is a temporarily sharing image app. They operate on the “now you see it, now you don’t” principle. It is automatically deleted.

Target

Snapchat

• Estimated daily active users: 100 million (though some sources believe it could be closer to 200 million)
  • Number of Snaps sent each day: 400 million
  • Percentage of users that are women: 70%
  • Core users’ ages: 13-24 years old
  • 77% of college students use Snapchat 
  • Only 1% of advertisers are using Snapchat for marketing (which means there’s not a lot of competition, and there’s a whole lot of room for you!)

Instagram

• 300 million monthly active users
  • 75 million daily users
  • An average of 70 million photos posted daily
  • The like button gets clicked 2.5 billion times a day
  • The average user spends 21 minutes a day on Instagram
  • 41% of users are ages 16-24, but 35% of users are 24-34
  • Their engagement has surpassed Twitter’s. 

Business 

I choose Instagram for business marketing.

I feel if I post my company ad on instagram, it will be spread more than snapchat because instagram categorized by hash tag. itmakese posts keep visible in public for users.

Instagram drive users to insalls mobile app . If I have own my business, I love the instagram bio because Instagram profiles’ bio is a link available to drive traffic to their site. It makes selling on Instagram

Now, those two apps are updating new features but I like Instagram more.

To get an internship, I got some interviews. Nowadays, many businesses have interested in social media for marketing too. I feel I have build knowledge about social media and should know features apps relating business. In the interview, I got questions about social media regarding about business. In that points, Instagram is more advanced than snap chat.