Week11. American Express OPEN

Week 11. MODA & MOCADA Design process.

Mocada Museum of Africa is founded by Laurie Cumbo in brooklyn. The museum of Mocada needs to get rebranding, celebrating 10 years. The first meeting, Mocada and Moda have the first meeting. Especially, Laurie who is a founder said that logo of the Mocada was placed into the window So the logo can’t change it because of the cost.

First steps, they have a meeting to have a conversation everything on their mind. The Moda team understand the need of client’s. In this case, the client requested for consistency design, how to store works and how to people experience get into walking on the store and marketing package. The moda design team do research and develop the concept.

Second, Moda team presented specific 3 design idea samples. Each of them has a different concept of design. First one was based on the existing logo which is used. Second, they inspired from diaspora which is a museum display artworks from local artworks and internationally. Especially, a client like the second one because they interpret of the museum concept well and translate concepts into visualizing. The third one, expanding design, volume up of the museum concept which is to develop nickname.The client chose the second one.Especially, a client like the second one because they interpret of the museum concept well and translate concepts into visualizing. The third one, expanding design which is to develop nickname.The client chose the second one.

The final step, Moda presented final works such as a positioning statement, stationery samples, and package design. It is overall view of works. The clients satisfy their works because the design took out blending idea and translating of client’s idea to design.

Compare w/ MEMBIT WORK (Internship)

My internship company is developing an augment photo sharing app. Currently, we can download the app on play store or app store but officially they not release the membit because it is still developing on.

I would like to say that membit is working many works at the same time, distributing the works. Currently, membit is doing ascension projects and investing marketing etc. Jay who is CEO and my professor control entire works. He distributes works to membit members. Especially, invest works are going to Jason. And Kanira is responsible for marketing works. Jay distribute works properly.

Also, Membit team are working to fix errors that will be expected for future users. Kamira who is another Intern is working on finding out errors by practicing by herself. Also, she managed a membit website and blogging.

Regarding about design works, Jay gave me works to done by on time. Also, I try to make a membit record for membit members. I hope it is going to be good posts and marketing tools.